Cucumber is more than a vegetable which we all know. Useful in kitchen as well in the wardrobe (not as clothes .. lol). Cucumber could also serves as a facial mask /scrub to beautify the skin on the outside as well as inside when eaten fresh and raw.
Cucumber has several benefits that makes your skin glow and stay healthy . Below are some of the benefits of cucumber for healthy and glowing skin:
1. Fades Dark Circles: Cucumbers have the ability to quickly,safely and easily help reduce the appearance dark circles. The abundance of antioxidants and silica in cucumber can rejuvenate the skin fade dark circles. Placing 2 slices of cucumber on both eyes and relax for 20mins or soak 2 cotton pads of cucumber juice and place them on your eyes.
2. Reduces Puffy Eyes: If you are worried about your under eye puffiness then cucumbers can also provide almost instant benefits. Due to the large amount of ascorbic acid in cucumbers, when they are placed under the eyes for 20mins they can decrease water retention and thus reduce puffiness overall.
3. Improve Complexion: Possibly the most common use for cucumbers is improve complexion and simply rejuvenate the skin. When Cucumber juice is mixed with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and applied as a facial mask it has an undeniable ability to leave your skin glowing by fading scars and pigmentation.
4. Fade Freckles: When grated cucumber is used as a tonic and spread all over the face and neck it can reduce overall appearance of freckles over time.
5. Treat a Sunburn: If you have found that you have stayed out in the sun a little too long and you are dealing with sunburn, then cucumber can also provide benefits in this regard. The cooling effect of cucumbers is a natural and gentle way to soothe your skin and speed up the healing process.
6. Tighten Open Pores: Cucumber makes an excellent toner , you can either mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar, few drops of Lemon, Honey, Aloe Vera Gel or Tomato Pulp or use it alone. It immediately tightens open pores.
7. Banish Cellulite: Cucumber can banish all those dimples on your thighs. Take 1/2 cup Ground Coffee and mix enough Cucumber Juice and 1tablespoon. Raw Honey to make a paste, apply to the affected area. Wrap it up with a Muslin sheet and exfoliate gently after 30mins. You can also eat Cucumber daily to prevent cellulite.
Hope these helps out!!!